the importance of recitals with music lessons
At Opus 1 Music Studio, we consider it especially important to provide a number of opportunities for our music students to take part in recitals throughout the year.
Recitals are important because:
- A recital can help students to build confidence
- Hearing beginners' perform shows them how far they have progressed since their first lesson.
- Hearing the more advanced students perform may cause them to aspire to become higher level performers.
- Help students to reinforces skills
- Help students to emphasize on practice
- A recital showcases talent
- A recital establishes discipline
- A recital is empowering!
Parents and grandparents thoroughly enjoy hearing the progress their loved ones are making with their music lessons.
They enjoy attending these performances and getting pictures and video recordings, especially when it's their first.
Our recitals provide direction and purpose to the student's musical studies. Sometimes a student loses motivation and progress becomes slow. At these times it's helpful to have a long-term goal to work towards, other than seemingly endless weekly lessons.
Playing in a recital is well worth the time and effort, and students continue to reap the benefits long after the performance is over.
Admission is Free for all Recitals!
Recital Performance is Free for all Opus 1 Students!
2017-2018 Music Recitals Schedule
Adult Recital: November 12, 2017 Sunday
Honors Recital: November 19, 2017 Sunday
Honors Guitar Showcase: October 29, 2017 Sunday
Holiday Performance & Celebration Party: December 17, 2017 Sunday
Spring Recital 1: February 25th, 2018 Sunday
Spring Recital 2: March 4th, 2018 Sunday
Spring Guitar Showcase: March 4th, 2018 Sunday
Summer Recital 1: June 3rd, 2018 Sunday
Summer Recital 2: June 10th, 2018 Sunday
Summer Guitar Showcase: June 3rd, 2018 Sunday