2017-2018 STUDIO POLICIES
Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan for your lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, the following policies need to be observed.
- A $50 non-refundable registration fee is due at initial sign-up ($10 discount for siblings and returning members).
- Returning Member is a member with one (1) or more months gap between enrollment.
- Tuition is a flat monthly fee. Most months have four (4) or five (5) lessons, and, on rare occasions, three (3) lessons when in observance of major national holidays (see our calendar).
- Membership guarantees a regular weekly lesson time with your teacher.
- As a service to our valued members, we provide:
- Two (2) yearly recital performance opportunities at no additional cost (Spring and Summer Recitals, on a first come first serve basis. Accompaniments are included in membership).
- One (1) yearly Honors Recital performance opportunity (based on teacher selection).
- Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories are additional cost.
- Members may purchase additional exam or recital preparation lessons.
- Membership Tuition is due monthly on the first of each month and billed automatically to your credit card (VISA or Mastercard) or bank account on-file (“auto-pay”).
- A $25 late fee will be charged for payment received after the 10th of each month for non auto-pay members.
- A $25 fee will be charged for each returned check.
- Membership may be cancelled with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month by submitting our online cancellation form (A $40 returning student registration fee will be required to re-enroll).
- Cancellation will be effective as of the month next tuition is due. You may withdraw the cancellation at any time before it takes effect, but your teacher and/or time slot can not be guaranteed.
- Membership is not transferable.
- Opus 1 Music Studio does not provide tuition refund under any circumstances.
- Opus 1 Music Studio reserves the right to terminate membership, in which case prorated tuition will be refunded.
- Students are expected to be punctual to their weekly lesson.
- Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
- NO tuition credit or refund will be provided for missed lessons.
- A Make-up Lesson Pass will be issued when a lesson is cancelled with at least 24-hour advance notice (By email or online).
- Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson pass (This includes being sick the day of a scheduled lesson).
- The Make-up Lesson Pass expires 30 days after membership ends. It can be used to schedule Make-up lesson online or by email at any time with your teacher or a substitute, based on availability.
- Make-up lessons cannot be rescheduled and Make-up Lesson Passes cannot be cumulated (Only one Make-up Lesson Pass can be available at a time).
- You may decide to change teacher or instrument with 14-day advance notice before the 1st of the month.
- If your current teacher is unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher will be arranged.
- If your regular teacher becomes unavailable, you will be provided a new teacher with similar teaching style, or the opportunity to choose a new teacher.
Summer (June, July, August):
- You may exceptionally put a membership on “Summer Hold” for up to two (2) months with a 14-day notice before the 1st of the month.
- Your lesson time and teacher will be reserved only by pre-paying tuition for the month following a Summer Hold (Latest resume date is September 1st).
- While on Summer Hold, members may exceptionally purchase individual lesson passes.
Care of Students:
Opus 1 Music Studio is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
You assume all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at Opus 1 Music Studio and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge Opus 1 Music Studio and its officers and staff from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in Opus 1 musical activities.
Unless requested in writing, Opus 1 Music Studio is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, and other promotional materials Opus 1 Music Studio creates. Permission is also hereby granted for Opus 1 Music Studio to copyright such photographs in its name.